1291 Main Road
Jamesport, NY 11947
PRIVATE EVENTS POLICY
Thank you for your interest in using Sherwood House Vineyards for your event. Private events are held at SHV’s Jamesport Tasting House throughout the year, and both indoor and outdoor facilities are available for rental. Number of people we can accommodate depends on the layout and type of function, but maximum capacity is 50 people.
VENUE OPTIONS / FEES / CAPACITY:
- Rental fee for use of Jamesport’s FARMHOUSE ONLY (including Tasting Room, Retail Room, Dining Room, Sun Room and Kitchen) is $2,500 for the spring/summer/winter or $3,500 for the fall from 7:00-11:00pm any day of the week. (This option allows for up to 40 guests non-seated.)
- Caterers must be self-sustaining. Kitchen in Farmhouse can be used for prep only.
- In compliance with the Riverhead Town Board and the Long Island Wine Council, music by band or DJ must end at 10:30pm with the volume level not to exceed 90 dB.
- If a Tent is used on back Lawn (in conjunction with the Barn), it must be a freestanding tent. There are to be no stakes in the ground. The tent can be put up the day of or the day prior in the morning, as to not disrupt normal operating business hours and must come down the morning after event. Tent doors and indoor heaters are available through the rental companies and are recommended for December to March.
- SHV wines must be purchased, and there is a 4 case minimum for any event. All cases receive a 15% discount. If wine is needed above the 4 cases, it must be paid for prior to consumption during the event.
- Upon receiving a contract, a deposit of 50% of the rental fee is due within 15 days to reserve your date. This deposit is not refundable if event is cancelled less than one month prior to event date. Remaining balance of rental fee, wine purchases, etc. must be paid in full one week before date of event.
- SHV requires that at a minimum of one SHV employee of our choosing remain on the premises until the very end of your event. These people will be responsible for lock-up and must be paid $100 each, in cash, prior to the event. You have the option of using SHV employees as your bartenders (if only wine and beer are served) for an additional $100 each.
- Event host must have a Certificate of Liability Insurance naming SHV as an additional insured in the amount of $1,500,000, to be in our hands one month before the event. (This may not be required for smaller events.)
- Renter must provide tables, chairs, silverware, linens, tents and dance floor. Caterers are responsible for setting up and breaking down tables and chairs and for clean-up and disposal of all garbage.
- SHV offers a Recommended Providers List as referenced below for tent companies, caterers, photography, music, etc. You may choose to use any or none on the approved list, however a meeting must set up with a representative from SHV and suppliers not listed on our sheet.
The following lists providers we personally know or have worked with in the past. They understand the policies of SHV and are all very professional. SHV chooses to support, whenever possible, local businesses. We highly recommend the use of a valet service for parties of 100 guests or more.
Touch of Venice – 631-298-5851 (Brian or Kathryn)
Moriches Catering – 631-874-0995 (Anthony)
Grace and Grit Events – 631-876-5221 (Stephanie)
Christopher Michael Caterers – 631-722-3537 (Matt)
Junda Pastry Crust and Crumb, Jamesport, NY – 631-722-4999
Blue Duck Bakery, Southold, NY – 631-629-4123
Prestige Party Rentals, Jamesport, NY – 631-765-4385
Wine Country Tent and Party Rentals, Jamesport, NY – 631.722.0202
Sperry Tents, Sag Harbor, NY – 631-725-2422
Party Rental Ltd., Bridgehampton, NY, www.partyrentalltd.com
Mattituck Florist, Mattituck, NY – 631.298.5840
Wildflower Florals and Events, Eastport, NY – 631-998-3677
Camille Reicherter - www.camreicherter.com – 516-305-3186
Kate McDowell – 631-463-4310
Sherry Pickerell – 631-765-4679
Transportation & Valet:
Madison Avenue Limo, Riverhead, NY 631-953-6939
Dynasty Limousine, West Islip NY – 631.587.8500
Islander Limousine, Southold NY – 631.765.5834
Valet Service – Doorhy & McArle Consulting, Inc, Hampton Bays NY 631-728-2841
Sonimax Light & Sound, Riverhead NY – 631-727-1490
High Voltage DJ’s, Mount Sinai NY – 631-821-7766
Dr. Amy Sckipp – Violin and Viola, Center Moriches, NY – 631-655-5052
Serenade Duo – Flute and Guitar Duo – St. James, NY – 631-584-3632
Chaser Band – 7-8 piece band – Contact Scott Kistenberger – 631-351-6022
Local Guest Accommodations:
Holiday Inn Express, Riverhead NY – 631-548-1000
Jedediah Hawkins Inn, Jamesport, NY – 631-722-2900
Harborfront Inn, Greenport , NY – 631-477-0707
The Greenporter, Greenport, NY – 631-477-0066Cedar House, Mattituck, NY www.cedarhouseonsound.com